Here’s the next update with new, hopefully interesting, questions and answers on StackExchange.
- If you are wondering wether to import classes with “use” or use the fully qualified class name, read Magento 2: use statement versus direct class path?
- What happened to the
customer_logged_outlayout handles in Magento 2? Magento2. Layout Handle customer_logged_in
- If you want to set up a password protected staging system with Varnish, here you go: Setting up Magento Staging Environment with Restricted Access
- My question on translation scopes in Magento 2 finally received an answer with a somewhat satisfying solution for translation conflicts: How does translation scope work in Magento 2?
- A quickie: The best way to react on changed configuration values in Magento 1: How to detect changed fields only in admin section?
Today's Magento 2 workshop: 3h installing, 1h explain DI, plugins & Co, 2h coding & debugging, 2h waiting for static content to be deployed
— Fabian Schmengler (@fschmengler) 18. März 2016
Looks like I am not alone with this experience but it’s not really how it is supposed to be. This lead me to the question Which compilation commands are needed in developer mode and when?
- There seems to be a bug in certain Magento versions with order reports and timezones but I could not quite pin it down yet: Magento Reporting – Is it bucketing by UTC?