Here’s the next update with new, hopefully interesting, questions and answers on StackExchange.
- Marius attended my question about generated PHTML files in Magento 2 and also found out when they are used: When and how are phtml templates generated in view_pre geprocessed?
Mage.Cookies.clear(). It looks like it never worked, and actually it is not even used in the core. Here I describe the fix: Mage.Cookies.clear() not working
- In How to limit characters in system.xml for textarea in magento I show how easy validation of inputs in the Magento configuration is possible (Spoiler: You don’t need jQuery).
- There is an interesting optimization opportunity if you don’t need URL rewrites for products: How do I get Magento to always give the /catalog/product/view/id/ style url for products?
- A problem that other Magento users who try to use Varnish with HTTPS might know as well: https redirection loop even with X-Forwarded-Proto
- I asked myself if it makes sense as an extension developer to add the whole Magento repository as dev-requirement: Magento 2 as composer dev requirement for extensions – the answer is as often “it depends”. It was already interesting to get insights from companies like Aheadworks and Fooman.
- There is still no answer to How does translation scope work in Magento 2? and I fear it’s because it cannot be answered. But to be sure, I offered a bounty: