I’m back with fresh Magento content (and hit 1000 answers on magento.stackexchange.com with this unspectacular FGITW answer)
- Raphael (DigitalPianism) asked, what’s the status of M2 regarding PSR compliance? (not PCI!) and I gave an overview as far as possible. Obviously, the PSR-8 Huggable April’s fool is only implemented by the community!
- I tried to Get Category IDs for Product via Service Contract / API – unfortuntely the answer seems to be: impossible
- With Get child products (Product Type instance) via Service Contract I had more success, and also proved that I am capable of asking stupid questions as well
- And here’s a more high level question that could need some attention: How to avoid Law of Demeter violation (“Newable objects should not [reference] an injectable object”)
- A question on testing time dependent features in Magento 1: How to change magento date/time. The “mock time()” trick does not work due to lack of namespaces.
For those interested, there’s an ongoing discussion on “off topic / on topic” and how to handle closing questions on Magento.SE:
- Are “please write code for me” questions on topic here?
- 3rd party code closes, 2016 part 2
- This Twitter thread
- To be continued: Feel free to chime in!