Since the last “Weeks on StackExchange” post got quite long, I’ll get back to the weekly schedule:
Hot Magento 2 answers
- I found an elegant solution to my own recent question, with DI configuration only: Force products collection to use EAV instead of flat table (with personal upvote from Ivan Chepurny, so it can’t be too bad)
- Dependency Injection with dynamic constructor values is another example for the power of Magento’s DI configuration, here in combination with external libraries.
- A general question about module architecture: Best practice for location of a class
- In Magento 2 Layout Events: controller_action_layout_render_before vs. layout_render_before I ponder about how to make dynamic changes to the layout. The conclusion is not to use these events at all.
- Is Magento compatible with PHP 7.1? Probably, but composer complains: Magento 2.1.1 not compatibile with PHP 7.1.0