Here’s the next update, this time only with new, hopefully interesting answers on Magento StackExchange.
- Which compilation commands are needed in developer mode and when? received a few useful answers. The bounty for the best canoncial answer is still open.
- I shared some thoughts about efficient usage of builders: Use preconfigured builders (e.g. for SearchCriteria) in Magento 2 Thanks to Vinai for helping out here!
- Do you miss good old local code pool overrides? Read this: Override abstract class in Magento 2
- Confused with the mixture of
- Saving CMS pages and blocks programmatically (e.g. in a setup script) can be tricky: Saving CMS block/page from collection removes store ID’s
- Somebody couldn’t overwrite template via xml added by external module – a common pitfall with the layout XML when block names are reused.
- And a quickie, which events to observe to react on cart changes: Is there an event that fires when the cart/quote is empty?